Microsoft Access Level 1 – Database Design
Maximize your skills and speed!
Nearly every job on a computer requires skills in Microsoft Office. With our Microsoft Expert trainers, you can be confident that what you’ll learn will be accurate, complete and up-to-date. One hundred percent content-date-time-location is specific to student needs with one-on-one or group instruction from expert instructors at our location or yours.
Students enrolled in this course will learn to identify the components of a database, open a table and find information stored in it, create and customise table designs, enter data and validate using input validation formulas, create relationships between tables to ensure data accuracy and deploy referential integrity. Other topics include creating forms for entering data into tables, creating, editing, running queries, creating, enhancing, and previewing reports, and
importing/exporting data to and from various sources.
Students must complete an intake with a Q College Administration member.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Identify the components of a database, and work with those components.
- Open a table, find information stored there, and enter data.
- Create and customize a table design.
- Enter data into tables and ensure its accuracy by using input masks and input validation formulas.
- Create relationships between tables to ensure data accuracy and to deploy referential integrity.
- Create forms for entering data into tables and change the design elements that have been placed on those forms.
- Create several query types, edit and run queries, and use action and calculation queries.
- Create several report types, enhance reports and print preview reports.
- Import and export data to and from various sources, including text files and Excel.
- Preview and print database objects and change the page setup
Course Duration: 9 hrs
- Tuition: $900.00
- Administration fee: $15.00
Microsoft Access Level 1 – Database Design does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training. As such, the registrar did not review this program.