Practical Skills Web Development Diploma Program (PSWD)
Gain real-world work experience! 3 months Bootcamp Learning
This mentorship-styled program provides students with the tools necessary to ensure success in the field of Web Development. Students will upgrade their core skills learned in the Advanced WordPress & Digital Marketing Diploma program or the Drupal Open Source Development & eCommerce Diploma program while navigating their way through dealings with live clients. The program provides excellent real-world experience, training students to manage multiple projects and giving graduates quality websites with which to enhance their work portfolio.
- Web Design/development is a highly employable field either full-time, part-time or contract.
- Many jobs allow telecommuting and are very flexible in Web Design/Development, making working from home a possibility.
- The computer skills learned will be great assistance in any industry, across Canada and the world.
- Employers often call Q College to recruit job-ready students.
Upon completion of this course, the successful student will have demonstrated the ability to:
- Use a software development process to guide project planning & implementation
- Collaborate with clients on an individual basis
- Collaborate with clients as part of a development team
- Manage client expectations & communicate developer responsibilities
- Develop a design vision based on client goals & user expectations
- Develop comprehensive information architecture, wireframes & sitemaps
- Efficiently manage project scope, budget, and timelines
- Train clients on self-administration and use of their website
- Total of 220 hours of instructor-led group learning
- Monday-Friday for 12 weeks at 9:00 am – 1:30 pm (One day a week of Lab time)
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 12 students
Tuition & Fees:
- Tuition $7,200.00
- Administration Fee $ 150.00
- Lab Fee: $125.00
- AchievingFee: $10.00
The following are admission requirements for PSWD and may not be waived by the student or the institution
- Copy of a valid photo ID or birth certificate
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or be at least 19 years of age or older
- Students under the age of 19 require their parent or guardian’s signature.
- Students must complete an intake with a Q College team member
- Successful completion of the Web Tech and Digital Marketing program , or the Accelerated Web Development Digital Marketing program , or Drupal Open Source Development and e-Commerce program, or the Accelerated Drupal Open Source Development and e-Commerce program, or the Advanced WordPress Digital Marketing program or the Accelerated Advanced WordPress Digital Marketing program or be proficient in design and demonstrated with a portfolio or complete a basic skills assessment with a Q College staff member.
The Practical Skills Web Development program was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
May 13 2019 to August 7 2019
September 9 2019 to December 3, 2019
Please contact us to reserve your place.