WordPress Open Source Development
How do I get into a Tech career? How do I stand out from the other applicants?
Our WordPress Open Source Development program is an excellent place to expand on your skills. If you’re an entrepreneur you’re most certainly going to need these skills – even if only to know how to manage others performing these services for you. These skills will also make you stand out in a range of other jobs such as administrative and support services requiring tech skills.
The WordPress Open Source Development certificate program provides a complete set of essential skills for Web Site Developers. Students will be able to build and maintain HTML/CSS and WordPress websites, manage Multi-Channel Digital Marketing.
- Web Design/Development is a highly employable field either full-time, part-time or contract.
- Many jobs allow telecommuting and are very flexible in Web Design/Development, making working from home a possibility.
- The computer skills learned will be great assistance in any industry, across Canada and the world.
- Employers often call Q College to recruit job-ready students.
Learn the Core Requirements for Creating Websites:
- Coding for the web and mobile
- Setting up and maintaining CMS (Content Management Systems) within WordPress
- Maintain and manage themes and plugins
- Total of 302 hours of instructor-led group learning
- Monday-Friday for 12 weeks at 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 12 students
Not looking for a full-time course that runs Monday-Friday? Find out about our Accelerated WordPress Open Source Development certificate program.
- Applicants must provide a valid photo ID or birth certificate
- Applicants must hold a high school diploma or be at least 19 years of age
- Students under the age of 19 require their parent or guardian’s signature
- The student must complete an intake with Q College team member
- Successful completion of the Web Tech and Digital Marketing or the Accelerated Web Development Digital Marketing Certificate program, or be proficient in design and demonstrated with a portfolio or complete a Basic skills assessment with a Q College staff member.
Tuition & Fees:
Administration Fee $ 150.00
Lab Fee: $125.00
Administration Fee $ 1000.00
Lab Fee: $125.00
Please contact our administration team to schedule an intake appointment.
WordPress Open Source Development was reviewed and approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training.
January 13, 2020 to April 7, 2020
May 4, 2020 to Aug 6, 2020
September 8, 2020 to December 2, 2020
Please contact us to reserve your place.