There are three COVID-19 updates:
- Federal Travel Restrictions
- The federal government announced several travel
restrictions in response to COVID-19 including limitations on:
- International flights;
- Entry of passengers to Canada, including those who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents; and,
- Entry of passengers with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Further details are available on federal government
- New Transport Canada measures for COVID-19 response; and,
- Special Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada measures to help temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19).
- Essential Service Workers
Attached is new guidance from Dr. Bonnie Henry on essential service workers.
- COVID-19 Symptom Self-assessment Tool
The BC Ministry of Health developed a COVID-19 symptom self-assessment tool to help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the BC Pandemic Preparedness website.
- Monitor the BC Centre for Disease Control website for updates, information and resources.
- For non-health related COVID-19 questions (e.g. supports, programs, etc), a new dedicated phone line is available at 1-888-COVID-19.
- For advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, contact your local Medical Health Officer.