Covid-19 Safety Protocols
Here are Q College protocols to ensure your safety during Covid-19:
Accessing the Campus Safely
To ensure that we do our part to reduce the risk of spreading the virus we are asking our students to complete the following tasks.
Before arriving on campus:
- A student must complete a daily questionnaire online for Q College prior to their arrival on campus
- Students can also use the BC Covid-19 self-assessment tool to ensure that they are answering the questions correctly
- Anyone with symptoms associated with COVID-19 as well as anyone who has traveled outside Canada in the previous 14 days or anyone identified as a close contact of a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 must self-isolate in accordance with guidance from the BC Centre for Disease Control.
- If any student, faculty, or staff answers to yes any of the items on our daily questionnaire or self-assessment review will be provided information the information and how to contact 8-1-1. In some cases, you may be required to speak to a medical provider for further health advice.
Q College Victoria and Vancouver Campus are working with local health care providers and student health services to ensure that faculty, staff, and students have easy access to COVID-19 testing. We will be obtaining advice from the local public health authority around managing cases of COVID-19 in our institution.
Arriving on Campus
All students will be provided a schedule of when they will be able to access the campus safely. This schedule can not be changed.
- All students will be required to wear a mask on campus or provide a medical note from their physician if they are not able to wear a mask. Students with the exception may be required to attend online classes.
- There are marking outside each campus and students are asked to line up to ensure social distancing is followed.
Students will only be allowed to enter one and time. The administration will ensure you have completed the screening questions and ensure that you have sanitized their hands or wear gloves.
- Students are then reminded of which class they are going to.
Students will also be reminded of the signage in each room. Each classroom will list the campus protocols in posters and on each monitor. Q College will update our students on any changes on social media and by email.
Students will be required to ensure their mask is correctly on their face and remains on while on campus. If students leave the campus for any reason and return they will be asked to sanitize and ensure their mask is clean. Students will be required to sanitize their hands or wash them upon arriving.
The student lounge will be limited to three students at a time. In washrooms, we ask that only one student per class at a time. Ensure that we have proper social distancing.
Each classroom is updated to ensure that all students are following the required social distancing regulations. Students are asked not to move any equipment and stay in their assigned seats and classes.
It is important for students to follow their schedule for being on campus so we can ensure that we are able to provide the proper cleaning and sanitization of each classroom.