M Square Media (MSM) is a leader of innovation and globalization initiatives in the international education sector. We strive for people and community empowerment through education, technology and partnerships with industry and the academe. Across different business lines, we provide agile, first-in-class products in enrollment management, education management and edtech.
Through our multi-platform solutions, we help higher education institutions (HEIs) increase their student enrolment through building global and in-country offices, managing agent networks and providing personalized services for admissions, marketing, back office support, process management, market entry and expansion, and recruitment automation, to name a few.
The numbers reflect our industry leadership:
- Presence in 17 countries and growing
- An affiliate network of over 4,500 agents
- Direct partnership, PPPs, and strategic alliance with nearly 100 institutions in Canada, US, UK, Australia, Europe, and other leading destinations for students
We are looking to hire an experienced Assistant Director of Admissions to join our robust recruitment team. They will work to diligently and effectively follow up on potential leads and maintain current markets for enrollment purposes. The Assistant Director of Admissions will represent the College(s) by contacting potential leads by many modes of communication. The Assistant Director of Admissions will conduct presentations and provide advice to prospective students with respect to programs, admissions and registration procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Clearly articulate the mission/vision of the colleges and its programs to prospective students;
- Recruit and work with prospective domestic and international students from inquiry until application completion and matriculation;
- Assist in creating new ideas for recruitment and meet recruitment goals;
- Manage system processes and admissions communication processes;
- Contact and meet with prospective and new students in person, virtually and by telephone to explain and answer questions and provide information on admission requirements and academic programs;
- Ensure official documentation for student is complete, free of errors and uploaded into management system;
- Develop, implement, and participate in recruiting/networking events in the local and surrounding communities;
- Assist future students with application completion or signing up for a campus tour or visit;
- Assist the Digital Marketing team in implementing, administering, and evaluating Digital Marketing plans for organic student recruitment;
- Assist with preparing promotional materials for events;
- Follow up on leads by using different tools such as emailing, calling, texting and if required, meeting virtually or in person at the campus;
- Conduct webinars to generate interest and educate potential students about the program offerings at the Colleges; and
- Compiling recruitment data and researching best practices in student recruitment.
- Responsible for coordinating Information Sessions, webinars, campus visits and other recruitment events as deemed necessary by the Director of Marketing.
Include but are not limited to:
Submit regular reports to the Director of Admissions as necessary that critically evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment and admission activities assigned.
Initiate action plans in consultation with the Director of Admissions if the information suggests that enrollment goals may not be met. The Assistant Director of Admissions must ensure key performance measures or sales targets are met.
Provide evaluations for coordinated events and recommendations for new/additional events.
Required skills and abilities
- Previous experience with handling information of a sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial type who thrives in a fast-paced, high-performanceenvironment.
- Ability to think on your feet with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to intercultural diversity.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- High interpersonal, computer, and organizational skills.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Goal oriented and highly ethical.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver consistent levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- Thrives in an observation/coaching style environment.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and work independently.
- Competent in priority setting w/ ability to foster creativity.
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in related field or
- 1-3 years of recruiting experience.
- Customer service or relationship building experience.
- Experience in higher education, specifically admissions, student affairs, or related area.
- Salary range: $45,000 – $50,000 CAD annually
- Benefits for permanent, full time-employees include:
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to travel locally.
Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and at locations outside of the College.