What you’ll do
- Drafts, implements, and supports research administration procedures across BC Cancer, consistent with PHSA and BC Cancer best practice standards. On behalf of the Senior Executive Director, Research, ensures the necessary flow of information through PHSA, BC Cancer leaders and other partners while maintaining appropriate levels of security and confidentiality.
- Conducts background research on various topics, summarizes information and provides a synopsis of the findings. Collaborates with BC Cancer communications, BC Cancer research departments and research administration on various mandatory annual reports, including to the BC Cancer Annual Research Report, PHSA Metrics Report and BC Cancer Foundation Innovation Support Fund .
- Leads or provides key input in projects for the Senior Executive Director and Executive Director, Research Administration and Operations, including policy development for research administrative processes. Responsibilities include surveying related domestic and international organizations for best practices, researching information and applicable language, tracking statistical data, and interpreting and applying BC Cancer, PHSA & BCCRI policies and procedures.
- Coordinators and monitors ethics applications submitted to the BC Cancer Research Ethics Board for review by the Senior Executive Director, Research. Prioritizes applications based on significance of content, such as biosafety, or renewal/expiry date, and potential disruption to funding or licensing. In the absence of the Department Head, provides application for the review and approval of the Senior Executive Director and Executive Director for review.
- Coordinates PHSA Conflict of Interest Declarations on behalf of BC Cancer Office of Research Administration to ensure complete and timely submissions. Reviews Declarations for content, identifies and prioritizes those that require additional review by the Senior Executive Director, Research, for submission to the Conflict of Interest Management Committee.
- Manages and supports the Senior Executive Director’s research grant and manuscript development process by tracking and collating research and reference materials. Monitors publication submissions and approvals, maintains the Senior Executive Director’s Curriculum Vitae, and provides abstracts to the PHSA and BC Cancer communications department for dissemination.
- Produces and maintains a variety of accurate and well-designed documents including correspondence, expense claims, curriculum vitae, grant applications, manuscripts, presentations, memos, minutes and meeting agendas, and maintains files.
- Screens incoming materials, prioritizes items for immediate attention. Develops and coordinates key research committee meeting activities and background materials, taking minutes, and ensuring timely follow-up actions.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Research Financial Planning, and Analysis. assists in monitoring research project budgets by ensuring information is current and accurately compiled, monitors expenditures, ensures invoices are authorized and reconciled, and analyzes and reports on variances. Ensures the transition of new and outgoing research staff.
What you bring
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business Administration, or Health Administration and a minimum of five (5) years recent related experience in a responsible administration, project management and/or business operations role in a health care or Academic Health Sciences environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Ability to oversee and provide leadership to scientific and research operations processes.
- Proven critical thinking skills and the ability to discern risks.
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions independently.
- Ability to adapt and change procedures and processes to accommodate new roles and functions.
- Demonstrated experience working with RiSE, advanced word processing, spreadsheet and database applications is required.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft, Workbrain, curriculum vitae’s, grant applications and financial accounts, particularly accounts payables and/or receivables is an asset
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services, and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike-sharing, and more.
Job type: Full-time
Hours of work: 0800-1600;0830-1630;900-1700
Reference number: 97166
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
BC Cancer program is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the I started ordering medications on https://gmi3.com/buy-prednisone-online/ after my friend told me about the numerous discounts and loyalty program it has for the customers. When I ordered Prednisone there, I was offered a 35% discount for the second pack. I surely used such an opportunity. I couldn’t make an appointment with my GP, so I decided to get an online consultation on the website. I really liked that experience. You should definitely try it. basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.