The Strategic Planning, Branch Administration and Protection Services Division of the Capital Stewardship Branch is looking for a Division Office Administrator for a permanent position.
The National Capital Commission (NCC) is the federal Crown Corporation dedicated to ensuring that Canada’s Capital is a dynamic and inspiring source of pride for all Canadians and a legacy for generations to come. Building on more than a century of experience, the NCC provides unique value in the Capital Region by fulfilling three specific roles: long-term planner of federal lands, principal steward of nationally significant public places, and creative partner committed to excellence in development and conservation.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Capital Stewardship, Manager, Branch Financial and Client Services, this position supervises an employee, coordinates and plans the administrative, financial, facility, procurement and human resource services. This position must also assist in establishing internal policies/procedures and proposing the practices and priorities for a large satellite office. This work must be accomplished with little supervision. The incumbent provides administrative support to the Gatineau Park satellite office and assists with the management of the facilities, finance, procurement and human resources required for the Quebec Urban Lands and Gatineau Park Division.
The Administrator is responsible for developing multi-year divisional budgets; preparing and responding to financial requests including contract management and providing administrative support to the division and the Director. As a subject matter expert for the Business Optimization Financial tool, the incumbent must support the division in all requests, prepare detailed excel documents to support decision making.
Division Facility Support:
- As a Division Office Administrator, this position must ensure the proper functioning of the office, coordinate and manage office moves, IT provisioning, furniture, library, filing, petty-cash, deal with electronic communications issues.
- Responsible for set-up and cleaning of meeting rooms. Develop, organize and manage information for the Gatineau Park Satellite Office such as electronic and paper filing, management of the library, etc.
- Responsible for the fleet management of the division and movable assets such as communication equipment, cameras, furniture, etc. (Asset acquisitions and disposals).
Administrative Support to the Director’s Office:
- Provides general administrative services such as managing the Director’s calendar, planning meetings, filtering calls, filtering incoming and outgoing mail and managing/ordering office supplies.
- Develops and implements systems and procedures designed to ensure the effective review, control and coordination of all materials and information such as submissions to committees, executive correspondence, ATIP requests, CAPPs, Audit and evaluations, received in or originating from the Gatineau Park and Quebec Urban Lands Director’s Office. (deadlines/BFs).
- Edits all documentation going to the Director’s office for quality control and corporate formats and provide routine translation services.
- Prepares Division Training Plan.
Division Financial and Human Resources Support:
- Prepares cost, revenue and trends analysis to guide decision making.
- Organizes the division’s financial administration and control systems for effective financial management of operational, capital and revenue budgets; develops and maintains the division’s budgetary allocations by Cost Center, transfers and Journal Vouchers, and financial information, including appropriate reporting tools.
- Oversees the division’s financial reporting functions including the year end accrual exercise and ensures proper financial management reports are prepared for the Director and Chiefs.
- Manages a petty cash fund and oversees the use of credit cards.
- Administers contracts, agreements and invoices with either the City of Gatineau, Demsis or others.
- Prepares delegations of authority (see the approval levels).
- Manages the Price Look-up code (PLU) for the Friends of Gatineau Park.
- Administers students’ salaries (forecast budget).
- Coaches, trains and supports team and clients on new financial system, on internal financial policies and procedures
- Validates all Purchase requisitions and troubleshoot with all problem Purchase orders.
- Consults and meet with clients to anticipate and analyze evolving financial/budget and human resources requirements.
- Provides advice and options to meet objectives and resolves issues relating to resource allocation and budget control for the division.
- Coordinates and generates HR and financial planning and accountability documents/reports, offering options to the division on the allocation of resources.
Division Operational Support:
- Coordinates for the division corporate planning and reporting process (MOU, Corporate planning exercises, Period Reviews, etc.).
- Contacts appropriate personnel to gather background information on Ministerial or public inquiries or other inquiries and follow-ups are required.
- Performs administrative support activities (such as provisioning and de-provisioning functions, leave data entry, processing/coordinating training requests and memberships, coordinate travel arrangements, photocopying/filing, arrange for translations, and prepare various administrative reports).
- Acts as Division liaison for the proper functioning of the office and supports the internal division communication process. Manages the internal division communication process, including the review, the editing and the posting of division messages on the intranet and GEDS.
- Provides training sessions to employees.
- Branch Information Management Representative (BIMR) for the Division.
Supervises, trains, coaches and assigns tasks to the administrative/financial staff. Work review, evaluation/feedback.
- College diploma in Office Administration, Business Administration, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience related to the position;
- Bilingual imperative: English CCC / French CCC;
- Three (3) years’ experience in providing budget and financial management support;
- Three (3) years’ experience in providing administrative support and calendar; management
- Recent experience in personnel management;
- Demonstrated client services;
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to set priorities in a changing work environment;
- Attention to detail and be organized;
- Initiative and excellent judgment;
- Deductive and analytical skills;
- Ability to perform under pressure and available to work overtime as required;
- In-depth knowledge of financial analysis and multi-million dollar budget management including revenue forecasting and reconciliation;
- Proficiency and knowledge in Excel (PivotTables, pie charts and graphs, etc.);
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages orally and in writing;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Possess a secret security clearance.
Asset: Managing a satellite office
The NCC is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily in their application if they are a woman, an Indigenous person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
The NCC is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the Human Resources representative of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. If you require additional information on the position or if you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact us at [email protected].
Hearing impaired and speech impaired persons can contact us through a Teletype Device (TTY) at (613) 239-5090 or 1-866-661-3530 (toll free).
*The male form used in this offer refers to both women and me