Quester Tangent is seeking an experienced Senior to Intermediate Full Stack Developer to perform a vital role for our FleetWise® wayside monitoring and diagnostic software solution.
FleetWise® is an innovative, cost-effective data-management system designed to help rail transit authorities remotely collect and analyze operational and maintenance data and access a unified view to optimize fleet performance.
This position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. An applicant with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. An Intermediate-level applicant will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role.
Find out more at FleetWise Wayside and Monitoring System.
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintaining high standards of software quality by establishing good practices and habits
- Collaborating with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based applications in accordance with established standards
- Creating rapid prototypes to support the design process
- Integrating developed code with automated test infrastructure
- Participating in peer reviews of solution designs and related code
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Assisting with preparation of design and test documents
Required Education and Experience
- Diploma or degree in Software or Computer Engineering, Computer Science; or related experience
- 5+ years product development experience
- Strong knowledge in OOP, OOD and SOA is mandatory
- Knowledge and experience using EF
- Experience with back and front-end web development using ASP.NET MVC
- Experience in a multi-tier architecture
- Some experience creating unit tests, mainly with VS suite tools
- Knowledge of dependency injection tools such as MEF
- Working knowledge of developing, deploying, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Ability to create innovative, yet maintainable and testable solutions
- Experience with managing Windows Server within an Active Directory managed domain
- Experience with VS 2019 Enterprise, .NET Core and Blazor UI Framework
- Experience with WCF
- Knowledge of .NET best practices and design patterns
- Understanding of security best practices (database, intranet, and internet)
- Understanding of detailed network interactions on wired and wireless LANs
The ability to travel will be a requirement of this position (when safe and responsible travel is resumed post COVID-19).
The salary will vary depending on education level and years of experience in the field. Quester Tangent offers a competitive benefits package, quarterly personal days, and flex-time hours.