|Key Points At A Glance|
A business administration degree or certification can help one gain employment in any industry. Business administration skills are transferable to any industry and will still be relevant in the years to come.Canada has a high demand for business administration professionals.
A degree in business administration can help you adapt to today’s changing workspace! From hybrid work setups to embracing a purely work from home environment, be equipped with the right skillset to adjust to the needs of today’s world and even beyond.
It can help you gain employment in any industry
A business administration diploma or business administration certificate can help you land a job in any industry. There are schools that offer diploma programs that take 2 years to finish. An advantage of this kind of diploma program is that business administration essentials are paired up with other in demand skills such as digital marketing.
If you only have a limited budget and would want to learn business administration in a shorter period, you can try and enroll in a business administration certificate program that would take just a year or so to finish– depending on the number of hours that you can study in a day.
Possible careers for business administration professionals are: Business Improvement Analysts, Business Administrators, Office Administrators, Project Administrators, Executive Assistants, and Administrative Assistants.
Business administration skills are needed in any industry
Business administration programs equip students with skills that are significant in any industry such as:
- Communication skills – Business administration professionals know how to communicate their thoughts verbally and in writing.
- Technology skills – Business administration professionals know how to use computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite, know how to operate telephony and office equipment such as printers, etc.Some business administration professionals know industry specific skills such as digital marketing.
- Time management skills – Business administration professionals know how to effectively manage projects and tasks. They can anticipate operational bottlenecks and propose solutions for them in the event that they happen.
- Problem-solving skills – Business administration professionals are trained to see opportunities and strengths behind any weakness or threat.
- Critical-thinking skills – Business administration professionals know how to see big-picture impacts of government decisions to the company, trends, etc.
If you check job portals for jobs in British Columbia and Vancouver there is a high demand for business administration professionals. The industries that have job opportunities for business administration professionals are the education sector, government sector, financial sector, health care sector, and retail sector among others.
A business administration diploma or business administration certificate holder has a good future in store for them!
Meet the business administration professional demand in Canada
Business Administration is included in the Royal Bank of Canada’s list of “Top Ten Most Valuable Degrees in Canada”.
According to the Canadian Occupational Projection System (COPS), there are 41,700 projected job openings for administrative assistants for the year of 2019 to 2028 and that there are only 34,700 projected job seekers to fill in that demand for the said duration.
As industries start to recover from the effects of COVID19, more and more opportunities will start to op